Entry clearance as a Tier 4 Child Student
The Tier 4 Student visa (Child) is a visa for children between 4 and 17 years old who want to study in the United Kingdom at independent fee-paying schools.
Once they are aged 16 or 17 years old they are allowed to study at a publicly funded Further Education College where fees apply for international students.
If a student is 16 or 17 years old and study a course which is at or above National Qualification Framework Level 3, it is for a Tier 4 Sponsor to decide whether the student should apply for a General or Child student visa.
If the course is at National Qualification framework Level 2, a student must apply for a Child Student Visa.
- an individual has to provide an offer (CAS – Confirmation of Acceptance for Study) on a course issued by a licensed UK Independent school. Please click here to find a Tier 4 Sponsor https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/register-of-licensed-sponsors-students
- an individual must show that he/she has enough money to maintain and accommodate themselves
- an individual must have a permission from her/his parent or guardian to travel to the UK with intention to study
- an individual may apply for this visa, extend it or switch into this category while staying in the UK
To apply for a visa as a Tier 4 (Child) Student from the country of nationality an individual can by submitting an entry clearance application to the British Embassy or High Commission.
- this immigration route does not lead to settlement
- it is possible to switch into this category from another route
- Tier 4 (Child) Student visa can be extended
Length of the visa
The length of stay a Tier 4 (Child) student depends on their age.
If a Child Student is under 16 years old, the leave to remain can be given for the length of stay a student asks; or student’s course; or 6 years (whichever is shortest) plus 4 months after the end of the course.
If a Child Student is 16 or 17 years old, the leave to remain can be given for the length of stay a student asks; or student’s course; or 3 years (whichever is shortest) plus 4 months after the end of the course.
If a Child Student turns 18 years old, he/she can carry on with their studies until their leave to remain ends. They will have to apply under another category if they wish to continue their refuter studies in the UK, for example Tier 4 (General).
Family members and dependants
Family members and dependants cannot be brought by a Tier 4 (Child) Student. Parents wishing to accompany their Child Student have to apply under a different category – a Parent of a Tier 4 (Child) Student.
The immigration lawyers at Law Park are experts in dealing with application for a Tier 4 Child Student Visa. If you need legal help from immigration lawyers in London to prepare and submit your application for a Tier 4 Child Student Visa and we are here to provide you friendly, reliable, efficient and professional immigration service.
In the event that our team of professionals works with you and your application for a Tier 4 Child Student Visa, you can expect to enjoy the following services:
- Our immigration specialists will provide you with detailed instructions in regards to immigration regulations as well as the specific procedures required by the Home Office and the UKBA that are relevant to your case.
- Our immigration lawyers will answer any questions about your case while identifying its benefits and drawbacks.
- Our immigration lawyers will explain all documentation that needs to be submitted alongside your application for a Tier 4 Child Student Visa.
- Our immigration lawyers will examine these documents and discuss how they are relevant to your case.
- Our team of immigration lawyers will complete the application forms and answer any questions that you may have.
- If needed, our immigration lawyers will prepare a sponsorship declaration and explain the process in detail.
- Our lawyers will draft a cover letter that will support and submit the application for a Tier 4 Child Student Visa.
- Our team of immigration lawyers will communicate with the UKBA and the Home Office to ensure a quick decision in regards to your application for a Tier 4 Child Student Visa.
- Your interests will be protected when working with our immigration lawyers during the entire process. We will keep you informed while the application is pending with the Home Office.