According to the Reg. 8 of the EEA Regulations 2016 non-EEA unmarried partners of the EEA Nationals, who are exercising their treaty rights in the UK, can join their EEA National partners if they can prove that he or she are in a durable relationship with the EEA national.
According to the above Regulations, unmarried partners are extended family members.
The term unmarried partner relationship is defined as relationship similar to marriage which has subsisted (continued in existence) for at least two years. It would have to be proven by the way of presenting to the Home Office household bills, bank statements orother documents that can help prove cohabitation covering period of two years.
Unmarried partners from countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) can join their EEA family members who are exercising their treaty rights and residing in the UK by applying for an EEA family permit outside the UK. An EEA family permit is issued for six months.
Then they can apply for a residence card as an extended family members of an EEA national before the expiration of the EEA family permit. This residence card is issued for five years in accordance with the EEA Regulations 2016 and can be renewed in five years or an unmarried partner of an EEA National may apply for a permanent residence card if satisfy all the Home Office requirements.
The immigration lawyers at Law Park are experts in dealing with EEA applications. If you need legal help from immigration lawyers in London to prepare and submit your EEA application and we are here to provide you friendly, reliable, efficient and professional immigration service.
In the event that our team of professionals works with you and your EEA application, you can expect to enjoy the following services:
- Our immigration specialists will provide you with detailed instructions in regards to immigration regulations as well as the specific procedures required by the Home Office and the UKBA that are relevant to your case.
- Our immigration lawyers will answer any questions about your case while identifying its benefits and drawbacks.
- Our immigration lawyers will explain all documentation that needs to be submitted alongside your EEA application.
- Our immigration lawyers will examine these documents and discuss how they are relevant to your case.
- Our team of immigration lawyers will complete the application forms and answer any questions that you may have.
- If needed, our immigration lawyers will prepare a sponsorship declaration and explain the process in detail.
- Our lawyers will draft a cover letter that will support and submit the application for your EEA Application.
- Our team of immigration lawyers will communicate with the UKBA and the Home Office to ensure a quick decision in regards to your application for your EEA Application.
- Your interests will be protected when working with our immigration lawyers during the entire process. We will keep you informed while the application is pending with the Home Office.