The Child student visa is for children between 4 and 17 years old who want to study in the United Kingdom at independent fee-paying schools.
Once they are aged 16 or 17 years old, they are allowed to study at a publicly funded Further Education College where fees apply for international students.
It is for a Child Student Sponsor to decide whether the student should apply for a General or Child student visa. A student must be 16 or 17 years old and study a course at or above National Qualification Framework Level 3.
If the course is at National Qualification Framework Level 2, a student must apply for a Child Student Visa.
Student visa application
Full representation services for student visas applications. This visa is an entry clearance/leave to remain for individuals from outside the EEA and Switzerland who want to study in the UK.
Basic requirements for entry clearance as a Child student visa
- An individual has to provide an offer (CAS – Confirmation of Acceptance for Study) on a course issued by a licensed UK Independent school. Please click here to find a Child Student Sponsor https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/register-of-licensed-sponsors-students;
- A person must show that they have enough money to maintain and accommodate themselves;
- An individual must have permission from their parent or guardian to travel to the UK to study;
- A person may apply for this visa, extend it or switch to this category while staying in the UK.
An individual can ask for a visa as a Child Student from the country of nationality. It is possible by submitting an entry clearance application to the British Embassy or High Commission.
- this immigration route does not lead to a settlement
- it is possible to switch into this category from another path
- A child Student visa can be extended.
Length of the visa.
The length of stay as a Child student depends on their age.
A Child Student may be under 16 years old. Then he/she can receive the leave to remain for the asked length of stay or student’s course, or 6 years (whichever is shortest) plus four months after the end of the course.
A Child Student may turn 18 years old. Then, he/she can carry on with their studies until their leave to remain ends. They may wish to continue their refuter studies in the UK. Then they will have to apply under another category, for example, a Student visa.
A Child Student is 16 or 17 years old. Then he/she can receive leave to remain for the asked length of stay or student’s course, or 3 years (whichever is shortest) plus four months after the end of the course.
Family members and dependents
A Child Student cannot bring family members and dependents. Parents wishing to accompany their Child Student must apply under a different category – a Parent of a Child Student.
The immigration lawyers at Law Park are experts in dealing with the application for a Child Student Visa. You may need legal help from immigration lawyers in London to prepare and submit your request for a Child Student Visa. So, we are here to provide you with friendly, reliable, efficient and professional immigration service.
Application for a Child Student Visa
Our team of professionals can work with you and your request for a Child Student Visa. And you can expect to enjoy the following services:
- Our immigration specialists will provide detailed instructions regarding immigration regulations and the specific procedures required by the Home Office and the UKBA that are relevant to your case.
- One of our immigration lawyers will answer any questions about your case while identifying its benefits and drawbacks.
- Our immigration lawyers will explain all documentation you must submit alongside your application for a Child Student Visa.
- A team member will examine these documents and discuss their relevance to your case.
- Our team of immigration lawyers will complete the application forms. Besides, they will answer any questions that you may have.
- If needed, our immigration lawyers will prepare a sponsorship declaration and explain the process.
- Our lawyers will draft a cover letter supporting and submitting the application for a Child Student Visa.
- We will protect your interests during the entire process. We will keep you informed while the application is pending with the Home Office.
- Our team of immigration lawyers will communicate with the UKBA and the Home Office to ensure a quick decision regarding your application for a Child Student Visa.