The Tier 4 child student visa is a visa for children between 4 and 17 years old who want to study in the United Kingdom at independent fee-paying schools.
Once they are aged 16 or 17 years old, they are allowed to study at a publicly funded Further Education College where fees apply for international students.
It is for a Tier 4 Sponsor to decide whether the student should apply for a General or Child student visa. A student must be 16 or 17 years old and studies a course which is at or above National Qualification Framework Level 3 in that case.
If the course is at National Qualification Framework Level 2, a student must apply for a Child Student Visa.
Student visa application
Full representation services for student visas applications. This visa is an entry clearance/leave to remain for individuals who are from outside the EEA and Switzerland who want to study in the UK.
Basic requirements for entry clearance as a Tier 4 child student visa
- An individual has to provide an offer (CAS – Confirmation of Acceptance for Study) on a course issued by a licensed UK Independent school. Please click here to find a Tier 4 Sponsor https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/register-of-licensed-sponsors-students
- a person must show that he/she has enough money to maintain and accommodate themselves
- an individual must have permission from her/his parent or guardian to travel to the UK to study
- a person may apply for this visa, extend it or switch into this category while staying in the UK
An individual can ask for a visa as a Tier 4 (Child) Student from the country of nationality. It is possible by submitting an entry clearance application to the British Embassy or High Commission.
- this immigration route does not lead to a settlement
- it is possible to switch into this category from another path
- Tier 4 (Child) Student visa can be extended
Length of the visa.
The length of stay a Tier 4 (Child) student depends on their age.
A Child Student may be under 16 years old. Then he/she can receive the leave to remain for the asked length of stay, or student’s course; or 6 years (whichever is shortest) plus four months after the end of the course.
A Child Student may turn 18 years old. Then, he/she can carry on with their studies until their leave to remain ends. They may wish to continue their refuter studies in the UK. Then they will have to apply under another category, for example, Tier 4 (General)
A Child Student is 16 or 17 years old. Then he/she can receive leave to remain for the asked length of stay, or student’s course; or 3 years (whichever is shortest) plus four months after the end of the course.
Family members and dependents
A Tier 4 (Child) Student cannot bring family members and dependents. Parents wishing to accompany their Child Student have to apply under a different category – a Parent of Tier 4 (Child) Student.
The immigration lawyers at Law Park are experts in dealing with the application for a Tier 4 Child Student Visa. You may need legal help from immigration lawyers in London to prepare and submit your request for a Tier 4 Child Student Visa. So, we are here to provide you with friendly, reliable, efficient and professional immigration service.
Application for a Tier 4 Child Student Visa
Our team of professionals can work with you and your request for a Tier 4 Child Student Visa. And, you can expect to enjoy the following services:
- Our immigration specialists will provide you with detailed instructions in regards to immigration regulations as well as the specific procedures required by the Home Office and the UKBA that are relevant to your case.
- One of our immigration lawyers will answer any questions about your case while identifying its benefits and drawbacks.
- Our immigration lawyers will explain all documentation that you need to submit alongside your application for a Tier 4 Child Student Visa.
- A member of our team will examine these documents as well as discuss how they are relevant to your case.
- Our team of immigration lawyers will complete the application forms. Besides, they will answer any questions that you may have.
- If needed, our immigration lawyers will prepare a sponsorship declaration and explain the process in detail.
- Our lawyers will draft a cover letter that will support and submit the application for a Tier 4 Child Student Visa.
- We will protect your interests during the entire process. We will keep you informed while the application is pending with the Home Office.
- Our team of immigration lawyers will communicate with the UKBA and the Home Office to ensure a quick decision in regards to your application for a Tier 4 Child Student Visa.