Critical requirements for naturalisation as a British Citizen:
- Applicant must be 18 or over;
- A candidate must be of good character. For example, he/she doesn’t have a severe or recent criminal record. Besides, he/she hasn’t tried to deceive the Home Office or has participated in immigration crimes during the past ten years;
- Applicant must continue to live in the UK;
- Individual must meet the English language requirements and passed the test Life in the UK (unless exemptions are applied);
- Applicant must meet the residency requirements. Different rules apply for those who came on a settlement visa before the rule change in July 2012 and on/after July 2012.
Residential requirements for an individual applying for Naturalisation
Residential requirements for an individual applying for Naturalisation as a British Citizen:
- An individual lived in the UK for at least five years before the date of your application. For instance, 3 years for those who came on a settlement visa before the rule change in July 2012;
- a person spent no more than 450 days outside the UK during those five years. However, 270 days for those who came on a settlement visa before the rule change in July 2012;
- applicants spent no more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months;
- an individual has indefinite leave to remain in the UK for the previous 12 months if she/he is from outside the European Economic Area (EEA);
- a person has permanent residence status for the last 12 months if he/she a citizen of an EEA country. So, they need to provide a permanent residence document;
- applicants have not broken any immigration laws while in the UK.
Full representation service in applications for naturalisation as well as registration as a British citizen. Just an application checking service is also available. Select the right option and click to book an appointment.
Process of applying for Naturalisation as a British Citizen:
- Period of consideration of the application may take up to 6 months to process;
- An applicant can expect a call for an interview;
- If the application is successful, an applicant will receive an invitation to a Citizenship Ceremony, usually at their local place.
The immigration lawyers at LawPark are experts in dealing with the demand for Naturalisation as a British Citizen. You may need legal help from immigration lawyers in London to prepare and submit your naturalisation application as a British Citizen. So, we are here to provide you with friendly, reliable, efficient and professional immigration service.
Friendly, reliable, efficient and professional immigration service.
Our team of professionals would work with you and your application for Naturalisation as a British Citizen. So, you can expect to enjoy the following services:
- Our immigration specialists will provide you with detailed instructions regarding immigration regulations and the specific procedures required by the Home Office and the UKBA relevant to your case.
- One of our immigration lawyers will answer any questions about your case while identifying its benefits and drawbacks.
- Our immigration lawyers will explain all documentation that you need to submit alongside your application for Naturalisation as a British Citizen.
- We will examine these documents and discuss how they are relevant to your case.
- Our team of immigration lawyers will complete the application forms and answer any questions that you may have.
- If needed, our immigration lawyers will prepare a sponsorship declaration and explain the process in detail.
- Our lawyers will draft a cover letter that will support and submit the application for Naturalisation as a British Citizen.
- A member of our team will communicate with the UKBA and the Home Office to ensure a quick decision regarding your application for Naturalisation as a British Citizen.
- We will protect your interests during the entire process. We will keep you informed while the application is pending with the Home Office.