You can no longer apply for a residence card as a family member of EEA national under the EEA Immigration Regulations 2016. All previously granted residence cards will be valid until 30 June 2021. If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss national and live in the UK by 31 December 2020, you can apply for settled status by 30 June 2021 under the EU Settlement Scheme.
Residence card as a family member of an EEA national. A citizen of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland may be living in the UK following the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016. Then, their family members who are not EEA or Swiss citizens also have the right to come to the UK. Moreover, they can live and work here and apply for a residence card.
Family visa application
Full representation services for the family visa application. Entry clearance/leave to remain for individuals who are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) as well as Switzerland and wish to join their settled or British partners.
A non-European family member of an EEA national
You may be a non-European family member of an EEA or Swiss national. Also, you might have decided to come to the UK to join the family. Then, you can apply for a residence card. It is your document which proves your right to stay in the UK under EU law. The residence card is typically issued for five years. It may take the form of an endorsement in your passport (“sticker”) or a separate document confirming your immigration status.
To apply for a residence card, the applicants must provide valid passports. Also, they must prove that their EEA family members are exercising treaty rights in the UK.
According to EEA Regulations 2016, the processing time for a residence card is no longer than six months from the date of receipt of the application.
The immigration lawyers at Lawpark are experts in dealing with applications for a residence card. You may need legal help from immigration lawyers in London to prepare and submit your request for a residence card as a family member of an EEA national. So we are here to provide you with a friendly, reliable, fast and professional immigration service.
Submit your application for a residence card as a family member of an EEA national
Our team of professionals would work with you and your application for Residence Card. So, you can expect to enjoy the following services:
- Our immigration specialists will provide you with detailed instructions regarding immigration regulations and the specific procedures required by the Home Office and the UKBA relevant to your case.
- A member of our team will answer any questions about your case while identifying its benefits and drawbacks.
- Our immigration lawyers will explain all documentation you need to submit alongside your application as a Family Member of an EEA National.
- We will examine these documents and discuss how they are relevant to your case.
- Our team of immigration lawyers will complete the application forms and answer any questions that you may have.
- If needed, our immigration lawyers will prepare a sponsorship declaration and explain the process in detail.
- Our lawyers will draft a cover letter that will support and submit the application for the card as a family member of an EEA national.
- Our team of immigration lawyers will communicate with the UKBA and the Home Office. We usually do that to ensure a quick decision in regards to your residence card.
- Also, we will protect your interests during the entire process. We will keep you informed while the application is pending with the Home Office.