Attention to a family member of an EEA national! The EEA family permit application deadline and Pre-Settled Status under the EU Settlement Scheme were 30 June 2021.
An EU Settlement Scheme family permit to join the family in the UK
At present, only one permit is running – the EUSS family permit.
Family visa application
Complete representation services for the family visa application. Entry clearance/leave to remain for individuals outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland who wish to join their settled or British partners.
The EUSS family permit
The applicant may be a close family member of an EU/EEA or Swiss citizen and is not living in the UK by 31 December 2020. Then, they can join their EU/EEA family member in the UK after 31 December 2020 if their relationship existed before 31 December 2020. This relationship should still exist at the time of application unless they are born or adopted after that date. For example, they can demonstrate that they solemnised their marriage before 31 December 2020.
Close family members
The applicants must be the relevant EU, EEA or Swiss nationals:
- spouse or civil partner
- unmarried partner in a lasting relationship
- child or grandchild aged under 21
- dependent child or grandchild of any age
- dependent parent or grandparent.
It also includes family members adopted under an adoption order recognised in UK law.
The extended family members are not eligible to apply for a EUSS family permit.
All close family members must apply for Pre-Settled or Settled Status under the EU Settlement Scheme. Upon arrival in the UK, they must do it if they wish to stay in the UK with their sponsor.
A close family member may enter the UK as a visitor after 31 December 2020. In this case, they may not apply for Pre-Settled or Settled Status under the EU Settlement Scheme. They will have to leave the UK and use the application schema under the UK immigration routes available at the application. For example, under Appendix FM or EU Settlement Scheme.
The immigration lawyers at Lawpark are experts in dealing with applications for a family permit as a family member or an extended family member of an EEA national. You may need legal help from immigration lawyers in London to prepare and submit your application for a family permit or a family member/extended family member of an EEA national. So, we are here to provide you with a friendly, reliable, fast, and professional immigration service.
Our professionals can work with you and your EUSS Family Permit application. So, you can expect to enjoy the following services:
- Our immigration specialists will provide detailed instructions regarding immigration regulations and the procedures required by the Home Office and the UKBA relevant to your case.
- One of our lawyers will answer any questions about your case while identifying its benefits and drawbacks.
- Our immigration lawyers will explain all the documentation you must submit alongside your EEA Family Permit application.
- We will examine these documents and discuss their relevance to your case.
- Our team of immigration lawyers will complete the application forms and answer any questions that you may have.
- If needed, our immigration lawyers will prepare a sponsorship declaration and explain the process.
- Our lawyers will draft a cover letter supporting and submitting your application.
- A team member will communicate with the UKBA and the Home Office to ensure a quick decision regarding your EEA Family Permit.
- We will protect your interests when working with our immigration lawyers during the entire process. We will keep you informed while the application is pending with the Home Office.