According to the Reg 8 of the EEA Regulations 2016 non-EEA unmarried partners of the EEA Nationals, who are exercising their treaty rights in the UK, can join their EEA National partners. They may do that only if they can prove that he/she is in a stable relationship with the EEA national.
The above regulations define unmarried partners as extended family members.
The term unmarried partner relationship defines a relationship similar to marriage. However, it must have existed (continued in existence) for at least two years. An applicant has to prove it by way of presenting to the Home Office household bills. Also, bank statements or other documents that can help prove cohabitation covering two years are suitable too.
Unmarried partners from countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) can join their EEA family members. But, they must be exercising their treaty rights and residing in the UK by applying for an EEA family permit outside the UK. An applicant gets the EEA family permit for six months.
Then they can apply for a residence card as an extended family member of an EEA national. However, they can only do that before the expiration of the EEA family permit. The applicant gets this residence card is only for five years following the EEA Regulations 2016 and can renew it in five years. Alternatively, an unmarried partner of an EEA national may apply for a permanent residence card. Again, he can only do that if he satisfies all the Home Office requirements.
The immigration lawyers at Law Park are experts in dealing with EEA applications. If you need legal help from immigration lawyers in London to prepare and submit your EEA application, and we are here to provide you with friendly, reliable, efficient, and professional immigration service.
Family visa application
Full representation services for the family visa application. Entry clearance/leave to remain for individuals who are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) as well as Switzerland and wish to join their settled or British partners.
If our team of professionals works with EEA application of unmarried partners, then the following services can be expected:
- Our immigration specialists will provide you with detailed instructions in regards to immigration regulations as well as the specific procedures required by the Home Office and the UKBA that are relevant to your case.
- We will answer any questions about your case while identifying its benefits and drawbacks.
- Our immigration lawyers will explain all documentation that you need to submit alongside your EEA application of unmarried partners.
- One of our lawyers will examine these documents and discuss how they are relevant to your case.
- Our team of immigration lawyers will complete the application forms and answer any questions that you may have.
- If needed, our immigration lawyers will prepare a sponsorship declaration and explain the process in detail.
- Our lawyers will draft a cover letter that will support and submit the application for your EEA Application of unmarried partners.
- Our team of immigration lawyers will communicate with the UKBA and the Home Office to ensure a quick decision in regards to your application for your EEA Application.
- Your interests will be protected when working with our immigration lawyers during the entire process. We will keep you informed while the application is pending with the Home Office.