Application of EEA unmarried partners for a residence card or permanent residence card under the EEA Immigration Regulations 2016 is no longer accepted. All previously granted residence cards will be valid until 30 June 2021. Under the EU Settlement Scheme, our immigration lawyers can help you apply for settled status by 30 June 2021. However, it would help if you were an EU, EEA or Swiss national. Also, you must be living in the UK by 31 December 2020,
According to Reg 8 of the EEA Regulations 2016, non-EEA unmarried partners of the EEA Nationals exercising their treaty rights in the UK can join their EEA National partners. They may do that only if they can prove that they are stable with the EEA national.
The above regulations define unmarried partners as extended family members.
The term unmarried partner relationship defines a relationship similar to marriage. However, it must have existed (continued in existence) for at least two years. An applicant has to prove it by way of presenting to the Home Office household bills. Also, bank statements or other documents that can help prove cohabitation covering two years are suitable too.
Family visa application
Full representation services for the family visa application. Entry clearance/leave to remain for individuals from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland and wish to join their settled or British partners.
Exercising your treaty rights
Unmarried partners from countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) can join their EEA family members. But, they must be exercising their treaty rights and residing in the UK by applying for an EEA family permit outside the UK. An applicant gets the EEA family permit for six months.
Then they can apply for a residence card as an extended family member of an EEA national. However, they can only do that before the expiration of the EEA family permit. The applicant gets this residence card for five years only following the EEA Regulations 2016 and can renew it in five years. Alternatively, an unmarried partner of an EEA national may apply for a permanent residence card. Again, he can only do that if he satisfies all the Home Office requirements.
The immigration lawyers at Lawpark are experts in dealing with EEA applications. You may need legal help from immigration lawyers in London to prepare and submit your EEA application. We are also here to provide you with friendly, reliable, efficient, and professional immigration services.
If our team of professionals works with EEA application of unmarried partners, then the following services can be expected:
- Our immigration specialists will provide you with detailed instructions regarding immigration regulations and the specific procedures required by the Home Office and the UKBA relevant to your case.
- We will answer any questions about your case while identifying its benefits and drawbacks.
- Our immigration lawyers will explain all documentation that you need to submit alongside your EEA application of unmarried partners.
- One of our lawyers will examine these documents and discuss how they are relevant to your case.
- Our team of immigration lawyers will complete the application forms and answer any questions that you may have.
- If needed, our immigration lawyers will prepare a sponsorship declaration and explain the process in detail.
- Our lawyers will draft a cover letter that will support and submit your EEA Application of unmarried partners.
- Our team of immigration lawyers will communicate with the UKBA and the Home Office to ensure a quick decision regarding your application for your EEA Application.
- Your interests will be protected when working with our immigration lawyers during the entire process. We will keep you informed while the application is pending with the Home Office.