The Reg. 8 of the EEA Regulations defines the extended family member as meaning:
- a more distant family member of the EEA national or his spouse/civil partner who can demonstrate that they are dependent;
- partners where there is no civil partnership. However, they must show that they are in a “durable relationship” with the EEA national.
There are four types of an extended family member:
- A person who is a relative of an EEA national or his/her spouse or civil partner. Also, he must be financially dependent on the EEA national or is a member of his/her household, and who either:
- is accompanying the EEA national to the UK / wishes to join him there, or
- has joined him in the UK and continues to be dependent on him or to be a member of his/her household;
- a person who is a relative of an EEA national or his/her spouse or civil partner and, on dangerous health grounds, strictly requires the personal care of the EEA national or his/her spouse or civil partner;
- he/she who is a relative of an EEA national and would meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules (other than those relating to entry clearance) for ILR as a dependent relative of an EEA national was the EEA national a person present and settled in the UK;
- a person who is the partner of an EEA national (other than a civil partner) can prove that he is in a durable relationship with the EEA national.
From 1st January 2021, extended family members can’t apply under the EU Settlement Scheme to join the EEA National sponsors unless they apply for a family permit or residence card by 31 December 2020.
Family visa application
Full representation services for the family visa application. Entry clearance/leave to remain for individuals who are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) as well as Switzerland and wish to join their settled or British partners.
New rules for extended family members
If the extended family member can’t apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, they might be able to get a visa to live in the UK under the UK Immigration Rules as an Adult Dependent Relative:
- they’re dependent on the EEA National because of disability, illness or age, and
- the relevant EEA National has settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme.
Long-term partners can apply for pre-settled or settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme if they’re the relevant EEA National’s like:
- Unmarried partner and they were living together for at least two years on 31 December 2020. They may also have a child together or
- an unmarried partner, and there is other evidence that they are in a long-term durable relationship. For example, they have a child together by 31 December 2020.
Evidence of dependency from a family member
An extended family member must provide evidence of her/his dependency from the EEA National family member or relationship to meet the above requirements to get her/his EEA family permit or limited leave to remain (pre-settled status).
The immigration lawyers at Law Park are experts in dealing with the application for an EEA Family Permit. We also expertly deal with applications for Residence Card As an Extended Family Member Of An EEA National. You may need legal help from immigration lawyers in London to prepare and submit your application. It is for an EEA Family Permit or Residence Card As an Extended Family Member Of An EEA National. So, we are here to provide you with a friendly, reliable, efficient and professional immigration service.
Friendly, reliable, efficient and professional immigration service
Our team of professionals would work with you and your application for an EEA Family Permit or Residence Card As an Extended Family Member Of An EEA National Application. Further, you can expect to enjoy the following services:
- Our immigration specialists will provide you with detailed instructions in regards to immigration regulations. Besides, we’ll give the specific procedures required by the Home Office and the UKBA relevant to your case.
- We will answer any questions about your case while identifying its benefits and drawbacks.
- One of our lawyers will explain all the documentation that you need to submit alongside your application. It is for an EEA Family Permit or Residence Card as an Extended Family Member Of An EEA National.
- Our immigration lawyers will examine these documents and discuss how they are relevant to your case.
- A member of our team of immigration lawyers will complete the application forms. She will also answer any questions that you may have.
- If needed, our immigration lawyers will prepare a sponsorship declaration and explain the process in detail.
- We will draft a cover letter that will support and submit the application. It is for an EEA family permit or residence card as an extended family member of an EEA national.
- Our team of immigration lawyers will communicate with the UKBA and the Home Office. We do that to ensure a quick decision in regards to your application. It is for an EEA family permit or residence card as an extended family member of an EEA national.
- Law Park will protect your interests when working with our immigration lawyers during the entire process.
- We will inform you systematically while the application is pending with the Home Office.