The Reg. 8 of the EEA Regulations defines the extended family member as meaning:
- a more distant family member of the EEA national or of his spouse / civil partner who can demonstrate that they are dependent;
- partners where there is no civil partnership, but they can show that they are in a “durable relationship” with the EEA national.
Requirements concerning dependency
The application for “extended family members” must meet only the following criteria concerning dependency:
- The extended family member must have established his/her dependence on the relevant EEA national in the country from which the EEA national moved to the UK. This condition is consistent with the wording of Article 3(2) of the Directive. It states that the person must be a dependant of the EEA national in the country from which they have come;
- The dependency must have existed immediately before or very recently before the EEA national came to the UK; and
- The extended family member must have come to the UK at the same time as the EEA national. Alternatively, he must have come to the UK just before or very recently after that.
There are four types of an extended family member:
- a person who is a relative of an EEA national or his/her spouse or civil partner and who is financially dependent on the EEA national or is a member of his/her household, and who either
- is accompanying the EEA national to the UK / wishes to join him there, or
- has joined him in the UK and continues to be dependent on him or to be a member of his/her household;
- a person who is a relative of an EEA national or his/her spouse or civil partner and, on dangerous health grounds, strictly requires the personal care of the EEA national or his/her spouse or civil partner;
- he/she who is a relative of an EEA national and would meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules (other than those relating to entry clearance) for ILR as a dependent relative of an EEA national was the EEA national a person present and settled in the UK;
- a person who is the partner of an EEA national (other than a civil partner) and can prove that he is in a durable relationship with the EEA national.
Evidence of dependency from a family member
An extended family member must provide evidence of her/his dependency from the EEA National family member or relationship to meet the above requirements to get her/his EEA family permit or residence card.
The immigration lawyers at Law Park are experts in dealing with the application for an EEA Family Permit. We also expertly deal with applications for Residence Card As an Extended Family Member Of An EEA National. You may need legal help from immigration lawyers in London to prepare and submit your application. It is for an EEA Family Permit or Residence Card As an Extended Family Member Of An EEA National. So, we are here to provide you with friendly, reliable, efficient and professional immigration service.
Friendly, reliable, efficient and professional immigration service
Our team of professionals would work with you and your application for an EEA Family Permit or Residence Card As an Extended Family Member Of An EEA National Application. Further, you can expect to enjoy the following services:
- Our immigration specialists will provide you with detailed instructions in regards to immigration regulations. Besides, we’ll give the specific procedures required by the Home Office and the UKBA that are relevant to your case.
- We will answer any questions about your case while identifying its benefits and drawbacks.
- One of our lawyers will explain all the documentation that you need to submit alongside your application. It is for an EEA Family Permit or Residence Card as an Extended Family Member Of An EEA National.
- Our immigration lawyers will examine these documents and discuss how they are relevant to your case.
- A member of our team of immigration lawyers will complete the application forms. She will also answer any questions that you may have.
- If needed, our immigration lawyers will prepare a sponsorship declaration and explain the process in detail.
- We will draft a cover letter that will support and submit the application. It is for an EEA Family Permit or Residence Card As an Extended Family Member Of An EEA National.
- Our team of immigration lawyers will communicate with the UKBA and the Home Office. We do that to ensure a quick decision in regards to your application. It is for an EEA Family Permit or Residence Card As an Extended Family Member Of An EEA National.
- Law Park will protect your interests when working with our immigration lawyers during the entire process.
- We will inform you systematically while the application is pending with the Home Office.