Key requirements for naturalisation as a British Citizen:
- Applicant must be 18 or over;
- Candidate must be of a good character, for example, he/she doesn’t have a serious or recent criminal record, and he/she hasn’t tried to deceive the Home Office or been involved in immigration offences in the last ten years;
- Applicant must continue to live in the UK;
- Individual must meet the English language requirements and passed the test Life in the UK (unless exemptions are applied);
- Applicant must meet the residency requirements (different rules apply for those who came on a settlement visa before the rule change in July 2012 and on/after July 2012.).
Residential requirements for an individual applying for Naturalisation as a British Citizen:
- an individual lived in the UK for at least the five years before the date of your application (3 years for those who came on a settlement visa before the rule change in July 2012);
- a person spent no more than 450 days outside the UK during those five years (270 for those who came on a settlement visa before the rule change in July 2012);
- applicants spent no more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months;
- an individual has indefinite leave to remain in the UK for the previous 12 months if she/he is from outside the European Economic Area (EEA);
- a person has permanent residence status for the last 12 months if he/she a citizen of an EEA country – they need to provide a permanent residence document;
- applicants have not broken any immigration laws while in the UK.
- Period of consideration of the application may take up to 6 months to process;
- An applicant can be called for an interview;
- If the application is successful, an applicant will be invited to a Citizenship Ceremony, usually at their local place.
The immigration lawyers at LawPark are experts in dealing with demand for a Naturalisation as a British Citizen. If you need legal help from immigration lawyers in London to prepare and submit your application for a Naturalisation as a British Citizen, we are here to provide you friendly, reliable, efficient and professional immigration service.
Friendly, reliable, efficient and professional immigration service.
If our team of professionals works with you and your application for a Naturalisation as a British Citizen, you can expect to enjoy the following services:
- Our immigration specialists will provide you with detailed instructions in regards to immigration regulations as well as the specific procedures required by the Home Office and the UKBA that are relevant to your case.
- One of our immigration lawyers will answer any questions about your case while identifying its benefits and drawbacks.
- Our immigration lawyers will explain all documentation that needs to be submitted alongside your application for a Naturalisation as a British Citizen.
- We will examine these documents and discuss how they are relevant to your case.
- Our team of immigration lawyers will complete the application forms and answer any questions that you may have.
- If needed, our immigration lawyers will prepare a sponsorship declaration and explain the process in detail.
- Our lawyers will draft a cover letter that will support and submit the application for a Naturalisation as a British Citizen.
- A member of our team will communicate with the UKBA and the Home Office to ensure a quick decision in regards to your application for a Naturalisation as a British Citizen.
- Your interests will be protected when working with our immigration lawyers during the entire process. We will keep you informed while the application is pending with the Home Office.